I've probably posted a lot of leopard print in the past, and I will be posting a lot more in the future. I just can't get enough of that magnificent pattern! I love shoes, bags, clothes and scarves with animal print, and I got some pieces in my collection, but I'm always wanting more. When I go shopping I automatically reach for things with leopard print. But the pattern and the colors gotta be stylish and rockish, not tacky and slutty. Anyway, we're all born to be wild, and run around like wild childs, so why don't buy wild print? ;) Here's some pretty and inspirational pictures:
I have to start packing now, something I'm not looking forward too. I don't know what to bring, but TJ got a point when he says that "bring your best of collection". Things you love to wear and makes you feel great. I have to pack daytime and nighttime wear, cuz I want to look dress up when we go out for dinner. And I've planned about eight pairs of shoes... But I'm not gonna bring em' all at once when we're staying at a hotell, I'm gonna leave some in the car. I don't want to make ten trips back and forth from the car to the room like we've usually done. Ha, ha! Extreme packers that's all I gotta say! So anyway, I try to blog whenever I can and want to, but when you're on vacation you want to do other things that you almost never make time for when you're at home. I want to read and write, and take pictures things and stuff like that. See you around!
Here's yesterday's outfit:
I'm off to vacation tomorrow, and that's gonna be sweet! I've made a little shopping list with things I want to look for. I'm not gonna go bananas this year, and I'm not considering buying another designer bag either, so there. But I don't like to sunbathe, and I can't take much heat, so what else is there to do than shopping? Air conditioned shopping malls? You ask me! I love to look at stuff, and even though I don't need anything or find anything, it's the thrill of the chase! Anyway, here's my list:
What's on your shopping-list?
We got this super cute dress at Cubus today, and I just had to have it. It got a cut in the back, but the picture didn't capture that so well, so here's a picture of the front:
I read (or jut drop by to look at the pictures) a lot of blogs. Here's my list of blogs that I automatically drop by whenever I'm on the computer:
- www.ulrikkelund.com: A lot of inspiring pictures of this pretty girl from Bergen. Her style is both designer pieces and high street fashion, so a lot of what she got and wears can be worn by us mortals too. I could never put together an outfit the way she does, but I get inspired by her pretty, and sometimes crazy ways, of dressing :) I love her style becuse it's all from girly to rockish. She doesn't write much, but that's okay, because I'm not much of a blog reader, most a blog looker.
- www.cathinthecity.com: Another pretty girl from Bergen. She got a really girly, mostly budget friendly, style, which in some cases can be a little too much, but I like her blog becuase she seems very down to earth and everything (from her clothes to her home) is very pretty. Sometimes you just want flowers and rainbows, and to read a little bit about a very normal girl's day. But she got that little extra that makes her stand out of the bunch of blond bloggers.
- www.manddee.femelle.no: Two very talented girls from Oslo. They write a little bit about their lives, but the reason why I drop by almost every day, are all the pretty outfit pictures they post. Their style is mostly budget friendly, and their style is all over the place. It can be everything from very girly, to sporty, to very hippie, to cool and rockish. And I love that! You never know what you get, and they always find a new setting and theme for their shoots. They are very creative in other words.
- www.fashionjunkiie.modette.no: I just drop by to look at her casual, but well put together, style. Designer pieces and high street fashion. Clean cuts and layers, and suprising combinations. A lot of accessories. Just a must-drop-by-blog! :)
- www.fashiiondiaries.modette.no: Another blog I just drop by. She got a great, cool and crazy style. She blogs a lot abouth Jeffrey Campbell shoes, and that's okay, because those shoes are so cool, and there are so many styles. She takes very pretty outfit pictures too. I probably wouldn't wear half of what she wears, but I like to see how clothes and styles can be put togheter. And I love her walk-in-closet (or room in this case).
- www.sarai94.blogg.no: My third cusin, Siri, is the girl behind this blog. She blogs about everything from make-up, outfits, accessories, books, movies and her everyday life. Her style is very nice, budget friendly (she loves sale!), and well put together. She's girly, causal, classy and rockish. I drop by whenever I'm on the computer, and I miss her posts when she got to take a little break from her blog because of school and other things, but I hope she will blog as much as possible :)
- www.siljegusfre.blogg.no: I just drop by because I like her style. It's rough and rockish, and she's pretty too with her long black hair and pretty make-up.
- www.nettenestea.com: A really pretty girl with a really cool and pretty style. I envy her clothes, and her way of styling every outfit. They are so well put together from her shoes to her hair accessories. She's just really inspiring.
- www.leneorvik.no: Another pretty girl with a cool and well put togheter style. It's very budget friendly, and she wears her favorite pieces more than once, but styles them differently. I wouldn't wear as many bright colors as she does, but her style is very inspiring.
- www.victoriatornegren.devote.se: A Swedish girl with a very casual and cool style. She loves simplicity, and there's never too much of anything, and I dig that. I'm not much of a layering person either, and like to keep it simple, so I love that she can make an outfit look much without too much. A very clean layout, and her style is everything from tom boy, sporty, casual, classy and rockish.
- www.kajamarie.femelle.no: I just drop by to have a look at her style that is very girly, but also very casual cool. And that's about it.
Which blogs do you read?
I'm not sure about this outfit. I don't think I like it, I just had a vision, and too little time in the morning to find something else. Anyway, here goes:
I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I have to get the record straight about what's rock and what's not. The music and fashion industry is broken, and it breaks my heart. This is a rather long post, but I hope you will read it.
PS! This is TJ and mine opinions, so if you got something to say, say it to us!
What Happened To Rock???
People wonder why rock and metal isn't as popular and important as it used to be. Well, I have a theory:
A long time ago, and for many years, rock ment something to someone. It was all about the sound, the style and the attitude. Integrity, quality and talent. But some where during the early 90s, something bad happened. Long hair, vrenching guitar-solos and heaviness up the wazoo became the big laugh, it was time to bring on the opposite, the ugliness.
People seem to forget the rivalry between rock and grunge, the most different music genres there is. Rock was cool and festive, grunge was dirty and depressive. Rock made you love life, grunge made you wanting to kill yourself. These days you hear people listen to both rock and grunge, Guns N' Roses and Nirvana. Don't they know that Axl Rose kicked Kurt Cobain's ass? That Kurt, and all the other grunge-fans and artists, made fun of the glitter and the glam that was so big and popular in the 80s?
Grunge is often known as alternative rock, but wasn't an alternative, it ruined the music market and made the real rock music look bad. They made a laughing stock of everything that rock ever stood for. So far people were afraid to listen to it anymore. So they turned to other music genres like techno, rap and pop-music.
It's a free world, so you can listen to whatever you want to listen to. But please stop calling grunge for rock. IT'S NOT!!! Rock is rock, grunge is anti-rock. Grunge is dark, dirty, depressive and ugly, rock is good tunes, fat guitar-solos, talented singers and catchy riffs. Grungy people wore loose pants to hide their small nuts, rock wore the tightest spandex you'd could find to show off their big balls.
Grunge represented the dark and destructive side of life, and the lyrics were about complaining about every little thing in their lives, and were written by a bunch of wozzies that thought suicide was the only way out. Rock lyrics were about being proud of who you are and say fuck you to everyone who tried to put you down. To stand tall and living your life by your own rules.
Rock musicians did have talent, that's why their music sounds so great. Grunge musicians didn't have talent, that's why grunge didn't have any musicality. It sounded ugly because they didn't know any better. Why people even listen to it beats me. I don't want to hear about weakness and "the easy way out". There is no easy way out!
You fix nothing by playing a record with a grunge band if you're having a bad day. Listening to other peoples deperessions only make things worse. You should put on an up-beat AC/DC record or let's-kick-some-ass music with Slayer instead. Music can be very terapautic, but I don't think hopping on the buss to the land of depression is the best solution.
Great rock n' roll music and fun music video...
Or do you really hate yourself that much you'd pick this?
This whole feud became a huge turn off for casual music listeners who only wanted a good song once in a while. When grunge and alternative rock removed melodic rock from the market and the radio, people wasn't interested in rock anymore. The whole thing died out and went underground, and now you have people like Rhianna and Britney Spears that washes the rock term even more out by calling themselves rock stars and wearing leather and studs while still playing sissy pop-music.
As many of you know the biker chic style is very popular these days. But it's not inspired by real rockers and bikers, it's inspired by Rhianna and Lady Gaga. And calling studs and leather, glitter and glam for grunge is soooo wrong! Grungy people would’t be caught dead in a leather jacket and anything that glitters. Rock = long and styled hair, grunge = dirty and messy hair. Rock = tight pants, grunge = loose fit jeans. Rock = leather jacket, leather waistcoats, grunge = a ugly plaid shirt. Rock = boots with attitude, grunge = Doc Marten's.
I know it's hard to know what's what then stupid and clueless fashion reporters call everything for grunge, when grunge is the opposite of rock style and attitude. So before you go ahead and call Nirvana and Kurt Cobain for rock/rock star, think twice would ya? It's always been, and always will be, grunge. NOTHING more, but so much less!
I know that rock is only music, but for REAL rockers it's so much more, it's a lifestyle. That's why I take it so personal when wannabes and people who doesn't know any better tries to ruin it.
I hope you read this post, and if you feel like leaving a comment, please do so! I'm not judging anybody's style or music taste. You can listen to grunge and wear a plaid shirt, but don't call it rock music and rock fashion.
My style is all over the place too, but when I see studs, I think Judas Priest. When I see a biker jacket I think Wolfsbane and Iron Maiden. All rock and roll pieces was worn by the great hard rock/heavy metal ledgens first. Then came Madonna, then came Britney and then came Lady Gaga and Rhianna. I now this, and so should you.
My name's Marita. I'm a musician and songwriter from Norway. I'm interested in music, books, movies, clothes and more.
Points, comments and views that appear on this blog do not necessarily represent other members of the Grimskull band, the band's management, organization, crew, fans or other involved parties.